Fight the Flu Program
Protect yourself from getting the flu. The flu is a contagious disease common in the fall and winter. It can cause mild to severe illness and even lead to death if not treated. The best way to prevent the flu is by getting a flu vaccine each year. Vaccines play an important role in keeping us healthy. They protect us from serious and sometimes deadly diseases. It prepares your body to fight diseases faster and more effectively so you don’t get sick.
The flu shot is especially important for people who are at risk for getting the flu including:
- Young children
- Pregnant women
- Adults 65 years and older
- Anyone with chronic health conditions such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease
L.A. Care’s Fight the Flu Program supports L.A. Care members in getting their flu shot through outreach activities such as:
- Mailer with health information on how to prevent the flu, the importance of the flu vaccine, and locations where you can get the flu shot
- Automated phone calls reminding you to get the flu shot
- Member newsletter with an article about the flu shot
Call L.A. Care’s Health Education at 1-855-856-6943 to learn more about the Fight the Flu Program and to sign up for this free and supportive service.