L.A. Care Has You Covered
L.A. Care Health Plan is proud to participate in Covered California™ to offer health insurance to Los Angeles County residents. Open enrollment for Covered California started November 1, 2017 and ends January 31, 2018, giving you time to find the health plan that will best fit your needs.
We want you to shop with confidence and know that you can get affordable coverage. Even though President Trump ended subsidies to health insurers, a consumer subsidy was not affected and is still available under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Most residents like you are still eligible for a consumer subsidy, and this is what is keeping your 2018 premium costs affordable.
L.A. Care has the most affordable premiums in Los Angeles County for the Silver, Gold and Platinum metal levels. Please take a look at our plan options and see the many ways that L.A. Care Covered™ makes getting care as convenient as possible for its members.
- Our plans offer some preventive care at no cost. This means that you may have no co-pays or co-insurance, and you do not have to meet your deductible (if there is one for your plan), before full coverage for preventive care services begin.
- Members have access to an extensive network of doctors, specialists, hospitals, pharmacies and preventive care services– close to where you live, work and play.
- A free Nurse Advice Line is available to all members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Health education and exercise classes and disease management programs are available at no cost through our Family Resource Centers.
L.A. Care Covered™
L.A. Care Covered™ plans offer the same set of essential health benefits across all metal levels (Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze). The amount of coverage will vary across each metal level based on the cost-sharing required. For example, under the Silver Plan 70 HMO plan 70% of expenses are paid by the Plan and 30% are paid by the member. We also offer a Minimum Coverage HMO plan (also known as catastrophic coverage) for applicants under the age of 30. Some people over the age of 30 may also enroll in the Minimum Coverage HMO plan if they meet certain requirements. Below is a description for each plan. The Benefits & Costs page show the amount you will pay for services under each plan.
If you do not qualify for financial assistance or prefer to purchase health coverage from us, you can apply for coverage directly with L.A. Care Health Plan. We offer the same health benefits and services through our five L.A. Care Covered Direct™ plans. For help selecting the best L.A. Care Covered Direct™ plan or information about enrollment, call us at 1-855-222-4239 (TTY/TDD 711). If you are ready to apply, you may download and complete the application.
*The Silver 94, Silver 87, and Silver 73 plans are only available to members who apply for coverage through Covered California™ and are found eligible for one of these plans based on their income. See the Financial Assistance page for more details.
- Rich coverage and the lowest out-of-pocket expenses of all plans
- No annual deductibles
- Low annual out-of-pocket maximum
- Generous coverage with no annual deductibles
- Ideal for those who still want to receive rich benefits but don't mind having slightly higher out-of-pocket expenses
- Lowest deductibles, co-pays, coinsurance, and out-of-pocket maximum available through L.A. Care Covered™ and Covered California™
- Lowest out-of-pocket maximum available
- Offers some of the lowest deductibles, co-pays, and coinsurance rates
- Similar to the Silver 70, but with even lower annual out-of-pocket maximum, co-pays, and coinsurance
- A balance of affordability and out-of-pocket expenses
- Provides many outpatient services before having to meet your annual medical deductible
- Offers some of the lowest premiums while still providing primary, preventive and urgent care before you have to meet your deductible
- Designed for those who want affordable coverage and protection in the case of an unexpected medical event
- A low cost option for people under 30 who want protection in case of emergency
- Provides access to primary and preventive care before having to meet the deductible