Welcome to L.A. Care’s Family Resource Centers
- Attend a Member Orientation and receive a $10 gift card*
- Get one-on-one support
- Request a new member ID card
- Get help choosing a doctor
*L.A. Care member will get a gift card only once for attending a Member Orientation class. One gift card per family. L.A. Care member (or guardian) must be present.
Watch a Video about our Family Resource Centers
L.A. Care's six Family Resource Centers focus on the needs of local communities; providing health plan information, and health, nutrition and exercise classes for both members and the general public. Watch a short video explaining our center's philosophy and services:
Visit Your Neighborhood Center
Check out our monthly calendars for more details on the many classes we offer. Need child care? Child care may be available while you attend a class. Call us for details at 1-877-287-6290 (TTY/TDD 711).
- CPR/First Aid classes are twice a month on Saturdays in English and Spanish from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Please register online.
- One-on-one Nutritional Counseling, Fridays 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (by appointment only).
- Court-ordered approved Parenting Series, Wednesdays 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. (Call for Sign Up Information).
- CPR/First Aid classes are twice a month on Thusdays in English and Spanish from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Please register online.
- Juicing for a Healthy Life, Wednesdays 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Registered Dietician Consultations, Thursdays 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Call or come in today to schedule your appointment)
- Senior Aerobics and Tai Chi, Mondays and Thursdays 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Mommy and Me, Fridays 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Zumba, Thursdays 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Diabetes, Tuesdays 11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. and Registered Dietitian 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (by appointment only).
- Lap Read (Supporting Early Literacy), Mondays 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Eat to Live: Juicing for a Healthy Life, Mondays 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Weight Management and Nutrition Series, Wednesdays 4 p.m to 5 p.m.
- CPR/First Aid are twice a month on Fridays in English and Spanish from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Please register online.
- Boot Camp for a Healthy Life, Mondays 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Saturdays 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Lactation Support, Mondays 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Diabetes Class, Wednesdays 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. (Spanish) and 12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. (English)
- CPR/First Aid are twice a month on Tuesdays in English and Spanish from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Please register online.